Saturday, April 20, 2013

Overcoming the Loser Spirit: Self-Forgiveness (Lesson #6)



 Bougie Girl University: Self-Forgiveness

 
We all have things in our past which we are not proud of. We have regrets about how we treated people in our lives. We are sorry for the way in which we let great opportunities slip past us. We are ashamed at the way in which we allowed others to treat us.

After awhile, we stockpile these things in our soul and carry them around everywhere we go.

Sure, we have made the decision to heal, we have become more self-aware, we have taken ownership of our past wrongdoings, we have made peace with the past, and perhaps even let it go. But, these past regrets are still hanging out in our vicinity. Even, if we are no longer touching them they are still within our reach.

These past regrets know that we will scoop them back up the next time we are feeling insecure about our lives.

This is the point in which self-forgiveness arrives to assist us in overcoming the Loser Spirit.

True self-forgiveness requires us to be really honest with ourselves about the way in which we acted in the past.

Exercise #1

  • Draft up a top five list of your past major life mistakes.
  • Write a letter to yourself regarding your top five list of major life mistakes.
  • Read the letter out loud to yourself.
  • Shred the letter and dispose of it.

Song of the Day:

Symphony No. 45 "Farewell" by Joseph Haydn

Meditation:

I forgive myself for my past immaturity and callous behavior towards others.

I forgive myself for  being fooled by manipulators, anchorweights, and other toxic folks.

I forgive myself for letting fear stop me from pursuing great opportunities.

I did the best that I could with the knowledge that was available to me at the time.


Listen to the audio version of Overcoming the Loser Spirit: Self-Forgiveness via the Bougie Girl University podcast.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment